Monday, June 8, 2009

Lil' Kira's First Birthday

So, Kira is one year old already. I spent most of this week looking back and trying to remember exactly what I was doing this time last year, and do a "then-and-now" comparison.

I was struck by how much I feel things have changed, but how, in actuality, many things are the same.

I remember clearly my 40 week pregnant wife going into labor watching "Sex and the City" at Easton AMC with the Erfles, who, oddly enough, we were able to spend time with this week as well.

We walked around the neighborhood enjoying the temperate summer night to pass the time when Kristin couldn't sleep, something I managed to do with Kristin and Kira this past week as well, although it was Kira who couldn't sleep this time.

I remember laying with Kira at 5AM immediately after watching her dramatic entrance into the world and my life. Which, I found myself doing the exact some thing 365 days later as well, minus the 30+ hrs or labor and delivery as a preamble of course ;) .

The birthday party details I will leave to Kristin to share (she has the pics) but I wanted to put up some of these thoughts. Seems "Wherever you go, there you are," stands true even when you bring your baby with you :)

No comments: