Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What Kira does when she thinks she's alone

This story is going to start out kind of gross, and for that I apologize. Just don't use your imagination. I'll keep the language general to protect our gentle readers.

Kira made a special kind of mess in the bathtub this evening. This is the second day of this in a row. I was frustrated, but explained to Kira that I had to clean the bathtub and bath toys again and why. I needed a minute, so after I got Kira dried, diapered, and dressed, I told her to play with her toys in her room, and that I would be in the bathroom cleaning her bathtub. I locked the bathroom door so I could keep Kira away from the biohazard zone.

I think she played for a few minutes, but then I heard something from the kitchen. I said, "Kira?" and heard no response. I sighed and washed my hands. I opened the door and checked Kira's room, which was empty. I continued down the hallway to the kitchen.

Kira was kneeling on a kitchen chair in front of the cookie bin on the kitchen table. She had opened it, took out a little red star cookie that she knew she liked, and had taken a very small bite of it that she was still chewing on when I surprised her. She wasn't expecting me, that's for sure. I told her she wasn't allowed to have any cookies, and I put the nibbled cookie back in the bin. She didn't even protest. I think she felt she made out with just that one nibble.

She's a super fun, super ornery little girl. I'm sure she'll just get more fun and more ornery.

No comments: